[Project] Chives' Text-Based Adventure Game II

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chives, May 21, 2012.

• by Chives, May 21, 2012 at 10:23 PM
  • Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    Right, so the name of this game isn't going to be "Chives' Text-Based Adventure Game II".
    That's just the project's code name since I've yet to come up with a name for this game yet.
    Do NOT recommend names to me.

How about the flashiest part first:

[IMG]
    Before anyone says a word, I personally think my naming abilities suck ass.

That's a simple map of world that Chives' T-BAG II takes place in.
    A future version of that map will include terrain, rivers, and cities, all of which are important to the story-line of the game.

The story will follow you, a soldier in the Yaruterian military, during the invasion and occupation of the Sultanate of Bekk'areiti.

The game will be choice driven, in which you will be presented with decisions through-out the game that can and will effect your position in world events, the events themselves, and could even get you outright killed.

I'm going to use this thread to explain more about the world and the game's story as time goes by.

The next update will explain this world as it is today and how it differs from our own.

The following update will give a history of the Yarutarian government and why it's invading its neighbor to the south.

Comments

Discussion in 'Games' started by Chives, May 21, 2012.

1. Karakoran
    Deformed Middle East

Look, the Kebalan Empire is Turkey, those islands south of them are Cyprus, and you have the whole Eastern Coast of the Mediterranean. The East and North are kind of ballsed up though. Chives needs to learn how to draw the Middle East better.
  2. Chives
    You really can be dumb sometimes.
    Lighthouse418 likes this.
  3. Lighthouse
    Idk bout you guys but I prefer myself my text space adventure games.

I thought you left the forum... god dammit.
  4. Chives
    Right, so now I'm going to explain a bit about the world that this game takes place in.

If the map and strange names of the countries weren't enough, this game takes place in a different reality.
    The basics of our societies still exist in this surreal world, such as the Gregorian Calender, seconds, minutes, hours are measured the same, so are metric measurements.

The game's story begins in the year 2007, 3 months after the Yaruterian Invasion of Bekk'areiti.
    Military technologies are much like our own, but various weapons and machines vary in era.
    Firearms are very much late-Victorian, automatic firearms and Gatling guns were never invented, however they're nearing their advent in the world. Artillery is fairly modern, as are naval vessels, minus some of the more advanced technologies found on our modern ships. Their modernity is primarily in the armaments and hulls, however they do use very primitive radar.
    Submarines were never invented.
    Neither were airplanes, but blimps and balloons do exist.

If radar didn't give it away, electricity is known and utilized in society.
    Despite this, it isn't used for much more than lighting, telephones, and heating units.

Automobiles do exist, but they're akin to ones made in the late 1930's and early 1940's, and they aren't common outside of military and industrial use.

The important thing to note about all of that is that it only applies to the Yaruterian Federation and the Kebalan Empire, the two most advanced nations on the continent.
    The Kingdom of Facrieas and the various states found to the West of the Kebalan Empire don't trail far behind in their progress.

The Republic of Free Normans is a mixed basket. While they have access to pretty much every modern technology utilized in the Yaruterian Federation, they only utilize some of them in their settlements, while the nomadic members of their society use very few of them, preferring to live as they always have.

To the South, in the Sultanate of Bekk'areiti, their technology is considerably disparaged from that of their northern neighbors. Electricity is only available to the wealthy members of their larger cities along the coast and automobiles are even rarer in their society.
    Their military is very much outdated, with some militias in the south still using powder rifles. Their navy is small and many of the ships are still wooden, some of which are nothing more than converted fishing and merchant vessels.

This diaspora between neighbors is the primary reason behind the swift defeat of Bekk'areiti.

The Southern Hill Tribes are exactly as their name suggests.
    They are dozens of unassociated tribes which scarcely come into contact anything more advanced that iron tools.

I guess that pretty much sums up the continent.
    The next update will be over the specific situation of Yaruteria invading Bekk'areiti, the structure of their government, as well as a explanation of their recent history.
    3man75 and OttoVonBismarck like this.
  5. 3man75
    i really like your new game so far chives {reddick now? why that name?}. I like the idea of a soldier helping move events around the world.
  6. Chives
    Your choices don't greatly affect the events in the world, you choices affect where and who you are as they happen.
  7. Lighthouse
    So Mount and Blade- text space adventure game.
  8. Chives
    I don't think you've ever played M&B...
  9. Lighthouse
    Well I dont beive you have ever mentioned the time peroid of this game and your choices effect that world alot. I saw it like this game, but you dont raise an army of peasents and raise them up into Uber unstoppable calvary.To be honest I think I asked you before where I could sign up fothe M&B clan. I play Mount and Blade with Vulcan alot.
  10. Chives
    Don't be dumb.
  11. Lighthouse
    Has it ever occured to you that I cant read... wait nvm.
  12. 3man75
    POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!

so what i got from that is...your a soldier whatever decisions your going is the difference from a vietnam veteran and forest gump succesful?
  13. scottap25
    I enjoy commenting on interesting threads, as they boost my self-confidence.
  14. Chives
    No, your potential position throughout the world is much broader, including places outside of the military.
  15. 3man75
    Makes sense when do you think that last update is going to come im so antsy for it!
  16. Chives
    Might as well write that one later today.
    I just haven't been getting around to it.

And there's going to be more updates.
    But those to are the only ones strictly relevant to this game.

I've created a considerable history for both the Kebalan Empire and the Norman Republic, in addition to the Yaruterian Federation.
  17. scottap25
    Wooh! Norman Republic!
  18. Chives
    Normans being "North-men", not Frenchmen.
  19. 3man75
    Chives am i going to have a problem like "version of this file is not compatible with your windows" BS. i wanto t try your game but i just don't have right windows.
  20. Chives
    If you're OS isn't x86_64bit by this point in time, it's your own fault your computer is so old.