Proposal Don't let mods do whatever they want without any accountability

Discussion in 'Site Policy and Rule Announcements' started by Kali, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Should the staff post a justification when they lock, move, delete, or otherwise affect our posts?

Yes 18 vote(s) 69.2%
No 8 vote(s) 30.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    What did I do?
    Expose Kali?
  2. Anwrise888 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Sure some time's the mod have to justify there actions but in certain instances they dont need to justify themselves every time when they lock, move, delete, or otherwise affect our posts especially when they do this mod stuff for free. Most of the mods I have seen are doing a good job at running this forum. Its kind of sad that people criticize them for every thing. In the end Stalin and the mods know what they are doing, unless people think they can do better. So just enjoy the forum.
    Bart likes this.
  3. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    You're new, so I'll let you in on a secret.

About half of our mods were picked because they're Jewish or women, really.

And I don't see how it's necessary to specify why you're moving a thread in every instance.
  4. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    You've also sold yourself out to the man.

New guys never understand.
  5. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    Actually, they don't. I know, I was one. Mods are not any more capable than average users. They were not picked for their aptitude in the role, they were picked because Stalin liked them. I really don't understand why you people worship the staff. If you think Stalin's selection of an individual as a mod makes them immune to criticism and is evidence of their competence, then you should agree with everything I ever say because I was a mod and would still be a mod if I did not leave the position myself.

Fucking Millgram experiment plays out even in the anonymity of the internet, it seems.
    Viking Socrates and Karakoran like this.
  6. Shisno Doesn't know who did this

Message Count:
    Says the one who has been on the forums for 1 month!
  7. Anwrise888 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    ......................:D
  8. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Asch must be rolling in his grave right now. (Assuming hes dead, no fucking way I'm expending any energy to look that up.)
    General Mosh likes this.
  9. ironchin Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I know I say this with the benefit of hindsight, but I honestly cannot fathom how someone could think that kobashenka was Matt. It doesn't make sense, but I'll drop that for now. What's more ridiculous is that multiple mods (three apparently) thought so. What's even more ridiculous is that one mod, and apparently the one who behaved in the most questionable way, is still being covered up. Their identity and actions is a secret, and in fact neither Chives nor Stalin mentioned their involvement in their apologies. What the fuck is up with that?

I've moderated on a site before where it's routine for people to have to give proof to confirm their identities. It can be done in a multitude of private, respectful, and non invasive ways. I'm not even going to mention how wrong I think it was for them to act the way they did, they probably don't care anyway. Though Stalin and Chives apologized to kobashenka, Kali is right in saying that this matter indirectly concerns the rest of us. I'll say it again: multiple mods have made serious errors of judgement, and one of which is just going to hide and pretend it never happened. Seriously? I'm not going to do a Kali, but that doesn't give me a lot of faith. "Just trust us, we do the right thing!" they say. I accepted those claims before. I'm finding it very hard to continue to do so when they're not going to accept blame and apologize when they make big fucking mistakes.

I've been one of the staunchest defenders of Stalin and the mods and they way they do things, but I'm seriously wearing thin and cannot agree with the current state of affairs. How many chances am I supposed to give?

All that said, even if enacted this proposal probably won't change much, but I don't see that as an acceptable excuse anymore. It would be a start.
  10. RickPerryLover strawberries oh sweet Jesus strawberries

Message Count:
    I'm inclined to agree to a point. The main thing that gets me is the mystery mod. I want to at least know if they apologized. If they didn't I wouldn't be comfortable with them serving as a moderator, not that it is my call or my opinion carries any weight.
  11. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    1. I'm not a mod, if you're counting me in that three.

2. At no point did I ever suspect Koba of being Matt.
    I knew her before she joined this site.
    I was the one who invited her to it.

3. We deliberately left a lot of stuff out, because despite your arrogance in believing that you have some kind of right to know every detail about our private relationships with other members of this site, you don't.

All of this happened off-site with the exception of the post being deleted.
    This wasn't happening on some professional level, where Koba was being interrogated due to suspicion.
    We were talking about her behind her back and that's what started all of this.
    So shut the fuck up about it because you don't know what was going on.
  12. ironchin Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Well so much for the whole "I'm going to explain what happened" then. I don't give a flying fuck about whatever relationship you might have on or off the site. I don't like people in elevated positions doing some pretty questionable shit, and especially when they don't own up to it. That doesn't mean I thought anyone would give a damn, I said as much in my previous post. Obviously you just want to drop all this and that's fine, don't concern yourself, stop relating my post to you.
  13. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    You shouldn't be concerning yourself.
    I don't know what indignant self-entitlement you think you have, but this has nothing to do with you.

The four people involved are the only people who need to know what happened.

And all four of us want it dropped.

So get off you high-horse and and you drop it.
  14. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    I could have been chosen as Moderator over Bart, do you think I could have done a better job so far? No matter who is a mod there is always been a disdain towards authority in this site.
  15. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    Stop speculating on who the other moderator is.
  16. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    I added onto the post to add context.
  17. Chives Newest Member

Message Count:
    Way to make me look like an asshole
  18. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Ja tvou mamy ibal. So don't tell me what to do monkey boy.
  19. DukeofAwesome Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Back on topic, Stalin, mods, fucking do this already. There have been at least 3 threads about this and they were all met with mostly positive feedback. I can think of no legitimate reason not to do this.
    Karakoran and 0bserver92 like this.
  20. Bart (Moderator) NKVD Channel Maintainer

Message Count:
    Everything takes too long if there's absolutely no reason to do something.

Can you name me more than one example to support your claim? I know it happened once, but I can't recall another.
    "Being progressive", is if you support things that would actually progress something. This would just waste time unnecessarily. And besides, Stalin has kinda told he won't do this, so I don't see why you keep trying.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.