Why Stalin's Let's Plays Are Becoming More Or Less A Joke

Discussion in 'Current and past videos' started by egyptianplanet, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egyptianplanet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    So the only reason why I've semi-hung around this place is because of Stalin's Let's Plays which I've always held in high esteem. I usually thought to myself if I wanted to watch a game, and a play through of that game, Stalin's would be the one to pick. However as time goes on, it's becoming increasingly clear he finds the needs to bitch and moan about damn near everything.

You'll say, "well it's not his fault, maybe the dialogues in the game suck!" It's kind of like watching a kid complain about getting burnt and keeping his hand on the stove, really. For example, the guy has done nothing but dog on Javik, the Prothean, for being too "doom and gloom." Remember when he was in the Citadel and he didn't paragon whenever Javik told the other races about the destruction headed their way? He then proceeded to complain that Javik was an asshole who didn't have an ounce of sympathy and was quickly becoming sick of that fact - OH THE IRONY.

If Stalin wants to Renegade the shit out of everything, and expects everyone to act nice and not so doom and gloom why the hell renegade the shit out of everything in the first place? The guy ignores commends left on his video about important things he misses by doing such a thing, not even sparing a minute to discuss what other people are saying.

Top top it all off, his videos during the "down time" are almost always, always, always him discussing how we knows girls - how they're attractive and how some are interested in him. You might find these "down time" talks interesting, but think about all the wasted potential about him being able to discuss the game among other concepts. It's great to talk about your life once and awhile, but constantly talking about girls and how you talk to the "attractive" variety among them damn near every time gets tiring, no go lie son.

I know you guys are a big fan of his Let's Plays, I used to be, but don't you find these things retarded as hell? I mean the guy preaches about humanity all the damn time to you guys on here, but as weird and stupid as this sounds to you guys trust me; if you can be an asshole in a game there's truly nothing stoping you from being an asshole in real life. This whole shit saying, "I'm only a troll on here in real life I'm a great guy honest!" isn't the case at all. The potential to be an asshole transcends any medium. The guy takes it upon himself to create a character for the sake of just being a jackass then waves his nose around like the most humane and most well taught person on these forums.

I'm not even sure any of you agree, most of you "young squires" probably want my head but does anyone out there at least somewhat feel the same way?
    fredvdp, The Shaw and Vulcan200x like this.
  2. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    I fire on house niggaz that support you and like you
    Cuz innocent people get murdered in the struggle daily
    And poor people never get shit and struggle daily
    This ain't no alien conspiracy theory, this shit is real
    Written on the dollar underneath the Masonic seal
  3. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    Link is actually right. He is also personally responsible for my shitposting.
  4. Inquisitor burner of heretics

Message Count:
    really planet? first, almost a year ago, you say you are going to leave the forums because you don't like being told no and now you come and complain you don't like the guys lets plays? you DO know their are 1000's of lets players on youtube don't you? go watch them if you don't like his current stuff.
    Lighthouse418, Bart and slydessertfox like this.
  5. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    Yeah thanks for coming back, Egyptian dude, but you can leave now. We've stopped caring for you and your opinions.
  6. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    Dat unbiased opinion from a member of the moderating staff.
    His melodramatic bullshit is still miles ahead of anything you've ever posted.
  7. Inquisitor burner of heretics

Message Count:
    yeah, i don't need to be unbiased. nor do i want to be and there is not really much you can do about that.
    slydessertfox and Uberotaku001 like this.
  8. Link NO SWAG

Message Count:
    It doesn't matter whether you are or aren't, or whether you want to be or not. The point is, you are a moderator, and not only that, but one of Stalin's friends, so your opinion is not an indication of the opinions of the standard user or viewer. This should be obvious, but the reason I say so, is to prevent the hoards of 12 year old communists from showing up and adopting your views as their own.
    Vulcan200x likes this.
  9. Inquisitor burner of heretics

Message Count:
    well i can assure you most mods hold the same opinion of planet. no one has really cared for his opinion for a long while.
  10. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    Yeah, you're not preventing anything. Not only does that do nothing that you intend, it's going to cause a shitstorm. If you really want to prevent that, which I doubt you do, is to not post at all.
  11. egyptianplanet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Citizen of Niger, please. People of you and your ilk have a certain way of wanting people to leave this forum. The sad thing is jokes such as yourself think you're doing the forum good.

My opinion is that, my opinion. I'm not posting on any factual basis and some may actually agree with me. Just because I don't post shit you like, doesn't mean it's not valid. Unless opinions can be wrong, knowing your sense of logic that's probably it.
  12. Inquisitor burner of heretics

Message Count:
    no the truly sad thing is that you think your word still carry any weight
  13. egyptianplanet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Maybe it was or maybe it won't, my views are my views. I don't carry it around like a moderator axe telling people to agree with me or suffer the consequences of the hoards Link talks about trying to troll me from the forum, that's you.

Don't like my opinion? Don't read it. Really, really hate it? Then lock the thread down and ban me, until then you can kiss my ass - and stop derailing my thread.
    lukakiwi likes this.
  14. Kali The World's Best Communist

Message Count:
    I don't watch enough of Stalin's videos to really be educated on the subject raised by EP, but I fully agree with the sentiment Link posted and think Battalion of Red and the rest of the people who grovel at the feet of the staff are terrible and do nothing but hold back the community.
    lukakiwi likes this.
  15. Inquisitor burner of heretics

Message Count:
    my my you got angered easy. you know why i say like it or leave to you? because you bring no good to this place. nor have you ever. link has and still is and i may not like him in some ways but he still helps the forums and the site. you have not
    slydessertfox likes this.
  16. egyptianplanet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    So what you're saying the only difference between me and you is a title?

Also while someone has beef with you, try and compliment them so you bring them over your side, that'll show 'em!

Also saying "my oh my you got anger easy" is butchering the language. "Got" is past tense, and anger is present tense. Since you were talking in present tense the proper use is "get" and since I'm the subject and anger is the adjective, it should read "you get angered".

See? I bring good to this forum. Why just now I'm teaching you how to write this language properly.
    lukakiwi likes this.
  17. Melanthropist Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Spencer and his let's plays are the sole source of happiness in my life. The only thing I wish is that he posted more.
  18. egyptianplanet Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Let's not read the topic and grovel at his majesty's feet.
  19. Melanthropist Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    What makes you think I didn't read it?
    Lako52, LampRevolt and slydessertfox like this.
  20. Inquisitor burner of heretics

Message Count:
    no i help the forums with things like the warroom and the clan. you don't, you come on here and moan about something every few months and do nothing else. and no i have talked with link before even played a game or two with him a long time ago. he is an ok guy a bit of an ass sometimes but and ok guy. you on the other hand again have done nothing of value for this site and that is why to me your opinion has no value planet even less since you "left" the forums months ago.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.