Which one of my let's plays was your favourite (Ever)?

Discussion in 'Current and past videos' started by JosefVStalin, Apr 5, 2011.

1. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    I feel that one of my greatest strengths is the fact that I have such a diverse audience of viewers, I mean just look at the forums we have members from all over the world of all different political walks and gaming tastes. This is always one of my greatest weaknesses because it is impossible for me to give everyone the amount of content they want for their favourite let’s play. So as an exercise to help me figure out where everybody stands and which kinds of videos they enjoy seeing from me I want to know which one of my let’s plays was your favourite, ever.

(I know there is already a thread like this, but it seems when I post a topic it gets more responses, shocker I know.)
  2. CheFlegel New Member

Message Count:
    Rise of Nations.
  3. Kalalification Guest

Probably Grim Fandango for the atmosphere and the fact that so much of the commentary was more 'abstract' (not as related to the gameplay) than the other LPs. I also really liked the F:NV LP for much the same reason. In general that's what I think is my favorite part of your LPs compared to the others, it's kind of like a radio show with explosions and genocide, really.
  4. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    That is going to be the way I describe my videos to other people from now on.
  5. Chelsea366 Retired Moderator

Message Count:
    So far the Shogun 2 let's play is my favorite out of all of them. But I am addicted to Japan, especially during that period so I have an overwhelming interest in the setting, unlike other let's plays.
  6. anthonywcl Member

Message Count:
    Fallout New Vegas, Victoria 2 & all your Total War lets play :)
  7. CyberViking27 Active Member

Message Count:
    This is what I posted on the other thread-->

"MassEffect2 was my all-time favorite LP. Stalin! Shepard (With the pronounced exclamation point. Didn't know it was possible to pronounce a punctuation mark, but JVS did it every time.) was unforgettable. I cannot wait for part 3 and see Stalin! Shepard back at it.

Close second is the India campaign of Empire:TW. With the prolonged gas attack on London and the epic defense of the elephants (amongst other great battles), this was a great LP.

Honestly, I've yet to see a bad LP from Stalin. Hell, even EnviroBear and Realms of the Haunting were really entertaining and they're really horrible games."

I'll expand on my reasoning a bit. I love the Total War and other strategy games. I play them all the time. I also play some, but not all, of the action/adventure games like Fallout and Mass Effect. Because I don't actually get to see many of these titles first hand I enjoy watching you play through it to see the story infused with a ton of your wit. And if something looks exceptionally good (like STALKER) I will go pick it up for myself eventually. And IMHO you seem to be funnier in story driven games. The remembrance montage of Marty in Mafia II, your comments about your companions and the other NPCs in Fallout, the "your story line ended at the beginning of this game" comment about what's-his-name in Call of Juarez, the sheer epicness of Stalin! Shepard, and the list goes on. Many things I think while playing these games (or merely watching you play) come through with your twist of humor added to them. I really enjoy that.

Honestly, I've enjoyed every LP you've ever done. And I don't really care what you play because it's always bound to be entertaining as hell, but the games with characters and story to comment on are the best.
  8. pedro3131 Running the Show While the Big Guy's Gone

Message Count:
    Well let's see, I got hooked on the Starcraft 2 lets play which was an edge of the seat experience for me as I grew up playing starcraft but didn't have access to the sequel. As mentioned before, the story driven ones seen to be funnier, Mafia 2 was hilarious at times. All in all I'm going to have to say Fallout New Vegas, all though I should probably watch some of the older ones that have threads dedicated to them.
  9. D3adtrap www.twitter.com/d3adtrap | Mr. Choc: Coco Fruits

Message Count:
    Hearts of Iron 2 <<<<< I was very stocked about that
    Stalin Vs The Martians <<<<< Laughed my ass of all the time, but it was mostly because of the game
    Stalker <<<<< Freaking awesome
  10. Sharpe95th Active Member

Message Count:
    I really liked the Tropico 3 lets plays. I thought they were really funny and i really like that game. Some others would be Victoria 2, Fallout NV and all of the Total wars. But Another one that i think is priceless would be Metro 2033. I had so much watching you play that :D
  11. Achtung Kommunisten! Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Birmingham, United Kingdom, European Union
    Oooo, so hard to decide. I thought Realms of the Haunting was great. I love all the Total Wars and Paradox games, but the ones where things jump out at you are the funniest. So it's Dead Space 2 for me - great combination of rambling on and playing the game. It was like watching a (not very scary but certainly tense) horror movie with you. (Hopefully it's not too wierd to be addressing our Glorious Leader directly)
  12. ddbb089 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Hearts of Iron 2 and the Fallout New Vegas lets play they were really fun
  13. Leetgamer New Member

Message Count:
    Call of Juarezzzzz
    Daddy92 likes this.
  14. SovietEmpireUSSR Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I really enjoyed the Hearts of Iron 2 and Tropico 3 Let's Plays. I really liked the Military and Political sides to things on Hearts of Iron 2, and it was awesome to see you own with the Japanese. Tropico 3 was awesome to watch, mainly because you created your own image of Stalin, and then you brought about to creating a great Tropical society, constructing builders for the populace to make them happy, being able to allied yourself with one of the two superpowers (USSR or USA) and get benefits from one of those superpowers. Overall, dis two Let's Plays were addicting to watch, and i couldn't wait for another part to come out.

Tropico 3 and Hearts of Iron 2 were your best Let's Play, Stalin. :}

Rise of Nations was also a great Let's Play you did as well.
  15. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Modern Warfare 2, simply because Stalin just critized it every oppertunity he had.

And then he just quit in at the 1/4 mark when they decided to go to Brazil for some reason.
  16. Epiccheesegrater Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Most definitely Realms of the Haunting.
  17. JosefVStalin El Presidente

Message Count:
    I took so much flak for bad mouthing the game then, but now looking back on it, everyone is like "Ya, the game was trash."
  18. yuri2045 A Marines Biologist

Message Count:
    I'd say Starcraft 2, or Tropico 3!

I love when Stalin gets angry at the games he plays, it's so hilarious.
  19. 123Blazer New Member

Message Count:
    Tropico 3...because when you made stalin as a character...which was badass and the fact you use to make people get into some ridiculous accedients...i loved it alot...

Oh and Stalin vs the martians for all the funny songs the aliens sung and when you got electric therapy x]
  20. Demondaze Xenos Scum

Message Count:
    Rise of Nations was the first LP I ever watched, so that would be my favorite.