New Minecraft Server?

Discussion in 'Games' started by pedro3131, Feb 10, 2012.

• by pedro3131, Feb 10, 2012 at 2:34 PM
  • pedro3131 Running the Show While the Big Guy's Gone

Message Count:
    So Ler's server was a lot of fun but it hasn't been up much lately, and I just got a big paycheck and wanted to give something back to the community.

I'm looking at a 1-24 person minecraft server, hosted at daddyCheese .... Not to sure what kind of mods or plug-ins (I play Vanilla) but I liked the idea of factions from Ler's server.

What I want to know from you guys is will you play it? Also if there's anyone willing to donate a few bucks (small contributions, $1-5) to help get this thing started. I'm willing to do it either way, but if people are willing to donate it helps me get a sense of how motivated people are, in addition to helping with some of the financial costs.

So that's it, let me know if you guys want to get some minecraftin' goin down!

Comments

Discussion in 'Games' started by pedro3131, Feb 10, 2012.

?

Would you be interested in a new MC server?

No 9 vote(s) 16.4%
Yes 38 vote(s) 69.1%
Yes, and I'd be willing to donate a few dollars to get it started 8 vote(s) 14.5%
  1. ComradeLer
    My server is goofed up, and I'm probably gonna cancel it sometime soon. So I'm all behind getting a new minecraft server.
  2. peterxx
    I'm down I've been running a vanilla server for awhile with my friends but a modded server would be fun
  3. pedro3131
    I really enjoyed the factions aspect and the first week or so was a lot of fun. We also have a computer in our apartment that is always on and it's only function is to serve as a giant hard drive with all of our movies and tv shows stored on it that's connected to our TV so we can easily watch stuff on it. Point being, it facilitate the server being online just about 24/7.
    General Mosh likes this.
  4. Kalalification
    I don't have the capacity to use PayPal (bank won't clear it), but if there's a way for me to just donate via credit card I can spare a few bucks.
  5. peterxx
    long live captitown! I feel like we should call it Nuevo/New/Nouveau Captitown or something
  6. ComradeLer
    If you do host it from a computer you have access to, it will be much easier to do. The server host I was using wouldn't let me access server properties, or install a bunch of mods properly, so I could never get things working the way I wanted them to.

Also, I'd like to suggest we try expanding on the whole roleplay element some more.
  7. Lighthouse
    My Father owes me $20 so when I get that back I will donate some of it ( proably 50%+ )
  8. Benerfe
    I suggest we play vanilla'ish and lay claims on a map.

The idea is not to expand the map much, and everyone try to stay together in the same area.
  9. Romulus211
    Offline mode = false, and I am in.
  10. Surfusa
    I'm in, but if I'm feud alone, I'm gonna be pissed
  11. Markt4
    For some reason I voted no, yes should always be the first option in a poll. Eitherway my vote is actually a yes, all day every day and I would be willing to donate.
  12. Alsanu
    I would love to play on a MC server.
    Too bad a 'Mc-clan' wouldn't make alot of sense (I think)

Do you mean with vanilla that there aren't any client mods required, or that the server is without any plugins? (This might be a dumb question)
  13. Soviet Streltsy
    I wasn't part of Ler's server but I'm interested in this prospect. What are the fractions if I might ask?
  14. Unillogical
    you could probably do a direct transfer to a member you trust and get them to donate! I would volunteer but you'd lose money on the exchange. Also I would be willing to donate..
  15. pedro3131
    Before we had capitalists, communists and feudalists, but really anyone can band together and form a faction. The only thing to keep in mind is there will only be space for 20 people on the server
  16. warboss1100
    I can't spare any money on account of me currently looking for a job and don't have a credit card so that's a a sad-face. But I would love to play a factions based game of MC if there is still room for people to join.
  17. pedro3131
    Okay so I went ahead and purchased a server with 1GB of memory with a recommended 24 person cap. I'm still in the process of getting everything set up, but soon enough there will be NKVDcraft again!
    Uberotaku001, warboss1100 and Benerfe like this.
  18. pedro3131
    Okay so the server is up! Mods aren't installed yet but it looks like we have a really cool spawn.

All the details are in my sig. Happy crafting folks
  19. Soviet Streltsy
    Crap... its not a cracked server.