Extended cut!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Nick Richards, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Nick Richards New Member

Message Count:
    Tommorrow the extended cut DLC for Mass Effect 3 is released
    Is this a good thing?
    post your thoughts
  2. TheRedHeadGamer He number 666

Message Count:
    I honestly think it's going to be horrible. Bioware made a pretty crappy ending to Mass effect 3, and this just seem's to be a last ditch effort to "Fix " it. I don't think it's worth the time, they already said they weren't going to change the ending's much, so same crap just some added cutscenes to please the fans.
  3. PineappleJoe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The ending makes sense if you follow the indoctrination theory.
    0xy70c1n<3 likes this.
  4. Mobmaster Is Ozan

Message Count:
    Best case scenario, they confirm indoc theory, and add the IRL ending ;).

Worst case scenario, they explain all the space magic with more space magic.
  5. TheRedHeadGamer He number 666

Message Count:
    Too bad they aren't using it. Straight from Bioware's blog.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/mass-effect-3-extended-cut/

Are there going to be more/different endings or ending DLCs in the future?
    No. BioWare strongly believes in the team’s artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.

What is BioWare adding to the ending with the Extended Cut DLC?

BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences. The goal of these new scenes is to provide additional clarity and closure to Mass Effect 3.
  6. Nick Richards New Member

Message Count:
    How is that disproving at all?
    if indoc is the real one then explaining and adding a epilouge scene makes sense
  7. Mobmaster Is Ozan

Message Count:
    That is exactly what i mean with the best case scenario, explaining that it is indoctrination, and then explain what really happens if you make the right choice with enough warscore, if indoc theory is (partly correct) then it wouldn't be in conflict with their artistic vision.
  8. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    Fuck, I forgot about this.
  9. Yarpen Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Oh well, time to get my pirate tricorn and a bottle of rum.
  10. TheRedHeadGamer He number 666

Message Count:
    Because the indoctrination theory, isn't their "Artistic vision" it's a fan made theory. Besides if they literally try to use a fan made theory to explain something they never once pointed out through out the entire third game, I'll be pissed. How is killing all the Geth and Reaper's and machine like creature's resisting the Reapers ? And how is controlling them giving in ? That's stupid, and the middle path supposly is giving in as well.
  11. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    Literally.
  12. Nick Richards New Member

Message Count:
    your still not getting it the artistic vision could be the indoc theory. they have never directly stated that indoc wasnt their 'artistic' vision. if indoc is true it would not be the first time fans found out about sweet plot conspiracy stuff http://www.cracked.com/article_19684_6-pop-culture-mysteries-that-were-solved-by-fans.html.
  13. Nick Richards New Member

Message Count:
    Oh and go watch this bro
  14. TheRedHeadGamer He number 666

Message Count:
    No, it wasn't, if it was they would of better tailored the story to fit it. The way they ended it point's to nothing about the indoctrination theory, and the video you showed me was just a guy taking thing's from the other games and putting them to use here. Which as usual is pretty cool but still pointless. This was to be the last mass effect game and you think if Shephard was being indoctrinated they would have put up a cutscene after your choice of Shephard serving the Reaper's or breaking their hold ? A small cutscene of someone taking a breath after they shoot a Generator and blow them self's up ain't much.

If it's all just a illusion why would they show what was happening inside the illusion ? Do you think that after the choice was made instead of showing the crew crash landing, or the Reaper's blowing up or what not they would show a Indoctrinated Shephard in the real world ?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/mass-effect-3-to-be-shepards-last-appearance-6331807

It isn't the indoctrination theory it's just poor writing. Dragon age 2 was the same exact way.

Also the ending of your video has questions. I'll just number them off from top to bottom.

1. Their just nightmare's that Shephard has due to the stress nothing more nothing less.

2. The kid is in the middle of a war zone, Their's a giant Reaper over head blowing up the city and killing troop's like it's nothing you really think people are going to notice a kid ?

3. Well, Shephard has a pretty strong willpower and he's never around Reaper's that long to actually be indoctrinated. Most time you spend around a Reaper is a hour at most ? And then he hate's the Reaper's with a passion and he's seen people Indoctrinated, so im pretty sure he would know their tricks and way's to resist it.

4. You mean to tell me you wouldn't be worried about some guy who is able to kill your people and stop your plans ?

5. They've alway's been there, and they look that way cause they've been scorched by the beam. ( You can see a plant at 0:05 in the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    and at 0:10 infront of you on the ground)

6. Because it would of been game breaking if you didn't. Shephard is supposed to be seriously injured right now due to the beam, you really think he can go Bruce Lee on a army of husk's ? No so they gave him infinite ammo to give him a way of fighting back.

7. How is that even a question ? Why does the teleporter lead to that room ? Well there has to be some sort of entrance to that room.

8. Because the Citadel is a Reaper base of course, the Reaper's troops were going to have similar habit's as the others.

9. Well you get knocked down/out by the beam So it's possible Anderson got past you in that time, or it could just be bad writing.

10. This I have no way to explain, Maybe the beam changed location's for some reason, or maybe it's just bad writing again.

11. He had a Radio on him, so I'm pretty sure he could of had a Tracker or something of the sort on him.

12. Well just a Coincidence maybe ? I mean you did just take a Lazer to the face, he could of been bleeding the entire time and just realized now or the blood started to pool up.

13. How come the Normandy manages to get away from a huge explosion, come on who is going to stay there with a huge blast of light comeing toward's them ?

14. The same reason the ending is so bad . Bad writing.

15. The same reason you can't friendly fire your Squadmates. And the Keeper's are just part of the background.

16. If it's talking about when the Illusive man come's around, it could just be the use of his power's. The black around the screen could just be what happen's when he use's his power's on someone, He's able to hold Anderson still with some force like ability and such and he's able to make Shephard shoot Anderson. So I'm pretty sure it's just the Illusive man's powers

Edit: You know what I take that back, they could so just steal the indoctrination theory and release a new crappy game where you fight against Shephard. God damit Bioware !!!
    TheKoreanPoet, 0xy70c1n<3 and SPQR like this.
  15. Mobmaster Is Ozan

Message Count:

Because, first of all it is all a hallucination according to indoc theory, and all the God Child tells you is the voice of Indoc, and who says what eh says is true, please read into something and think about it before you bullcrap :p. And it IS giving in, through all 3 games DESTROYing the reapers is your mission. And yeah read the cracked -.-.

now to counter your counters

1. You forget just like film-making, nothing is put in without a reason, but maybe you're right, but that would just be bad and annoying writing

2. If there is anything that makes people help eachother/sacrifice or something else, it is a child in a warzone, also at this time the child is already dead

3. You think there are people with more reaper contact? Not as many as there are people who are indoctrinated. Also it is pretty much said that even the strongest of willpower succumb eventually.

4. Don't know exactly what you're countering, but seems legit

5. Well maybe this isn't a part of the plot

6. Game-play is not something that has ever been cared about in this Game, let's be honest this game is really easy, it's all about the story. So i don't believe they'd reverse that strategy, if they did it's shitty writing

7. see 4.

8. see 4.

9. Well it is said clearly, that everyone got hit, maybe this is misinformation, but for Anderson to be completely unscaved is extraordinary in the least.

10. I agree :p

11. Possible but unlikely

12. He doesnt't have it before then, and i don't think a wound like that would take a while to start bleeding or something

13. Joker is...

14. see 4.

15. talking about the magic team-mate transporting... using space magic to explain space magic, congratulations.

16. Indoctrinated people, do not gain Reaper powers, so i call bullshit.

Also i just hope it is indoc, i dont think it is, but it is certainly a possibility, and as far as i can see it is best case scenario.
  16. Nick Richards New Member

Message Count:
    I guess well find out today.
  17. TheRedHeadGamer He number 666

Message Count:
    It's up on the marketplace right now, So Xbox gamer's are good to go. Don't know about the other's though.
  18. ironchin Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The whole ending controversy is pretty saddening. So many debates and questions. Why did Bioware release ME3 with so many plot holes and loose ends and an ending as basic and nonsensical as it was, when they explicitly said otherwise? Is it really that bad? Why do some people find the ending fine or good? Is it wrong to ask Bioware to change their ending? Does this extended ending change anything?

Goddammit Bioware why didn't you just do ME3 properly? WHY? WHHHHHYYYY!?!?!?!
  19. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    I can't enjoy one of my all-time favourite Sci-Fi RPG series now because of you guys.
  20. TheRedHeadGamer He number 666

Message Count:
    Everything you both know IS A LIE !!!!