Canon Ending To New Vegas

Discussion in 'Games' started by slydessertfox, Nov 22, 2011.

?

What will be the Canon Ending

Legion Winning Hoover Dam 13 vote(s) 31.0%
NCR winning Hoover Dam 16 vote(s) 38.1%
Courier helping Mr. House 5 vote(s) 11.9%
Courier taking over New Vegas with Benny 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Courier taking over New vegas with Yes Man 8 vote(s) 19.0%
  1. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    So what do you guys think the Canon ending to New Vegas. There are so many endings, but I think it is safe to say it will either be the NCR winning the battle of Hoover Dam, or the Legion winning Hoover Damn. I personally think it is gonna be the Legion winning the battle of Hoover Dam. Also where do you think the next Fallout will be set in?
  2. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    NCR winning the dam, definitely.
    The only other serious canidate would be the Legion winning and I don't think that is likely.
    The others are just there to be side stuff, not as real contenders for canon. They would all halt the direction in which FO was going in the first place.

The next FO will probably be set either in the Midwest [to back up the stuff from Tactics] or in the South.
    Though I heard that they are doing it in SF. Victory to the Shi!
  3. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    I would assume the NCR winning but I would love it to be Yes Man.
  4. thelastbeluga Member

Message Count:
    Actually could be Legion if you think about it. Legion is much more organized under the leadership of Lanius. Everyone said that NCR only won the dam by a hair. Plus Legion claims it lost that battle because it had the burned man as a commander. NCR is also to spread out (as we saw what happened to Nipton), NCR cant even get enough ammo to its camps, cant take back key places (cottonwood cove, NCRCF). With all that said I think Legion could pull it off.

Next Fallout, hope it could be in San Fran but who knows :p
    slydessertfox likes this.
  5. Kalalification Guest

The canon ending is almost certainly the NCR victory scenario. I would seriously doubt that, even if that wasn't the canon ending, that the Legion winning would be. The Legion doesn't have a real future lore-wise, and I don't think there are that many themes that can be explored in future games with them, especially if Caesar is dead.
  6. Vassilli1942 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I would have to go with the NCR. Also I herd that the next Fallout is in San Fran but I don't know if thats true. I think it would be cool if it was set in New York City next time.
  7. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Depends. The FO universe is different than our own. I'm not sure if NYC developed to the same or similar extent that say, DC did. It is entirely possible that NYC never grew and even shrunk during the pre-FO era. Then again, I don't recall them ever really mentioning what happened to NYC.
  8. Vassilli1942 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    Thats the thing they never said what happened also I think that NYC would of still of been important to the pre-FO era because NYC as always been important to the United States.
  9. ddbb089 Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I think the NCR ending but Mr.House ending could be good too.

The new could be set in SF or the midwest but I would like to see one in Canada.Like the enclave fighting Canadians to bring back the pre-war USNA
  10. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Fighting in Canada would almost totally throw off the course in which FO is going.
  11. Romulus211 Proconsul

Message Count:
    The NCR ending would probably be the Ending however I would like to see the Legion come out on top.
  12. slydessertfox Total War Branch Head

Message Count:
    It could be the NCR winning and then they have it in the midwest where the legion has its friendly territories/ But to be honest I think they will do the NCR losing just because it seems in Fallout nobody holds dominant power for too long.
  13. PineappleJoe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    The legion winning would be awesome. though i would like the next game to be in ethier China (the main enemy in the war) or Russia.
  14. Imperial1917 City-States God of War

Message Count:
    Again, that would push FO in a different direction from that which it is currently on. So I doubt that it will happen outside the U.S.
  15. 0bserver92 Grand King of Moderation

Message Count:
    Well they want to do one that takes place in Europe.
  16. BattalionOfRed Mr. Fred Battaliono

Message Count:
    A new Fallout would be awesome, but considering it took me a year just to do every last damned thing in FO3 and FO:NV I don't think people are going to want it just yet.
  17. Kalalification Guest

The Soviets weren't at war with the US. I think they were involved in the nuclear exchange (along with all the other nuclear powers), but they had normalized relations with the US up until the apocalypse.
  18. PineappleJoe Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I know in the fallout univers US realations with the soviets was good, and the US were fighting China. But a fallout game in the wastlands of the soviet union would be bad ass. same with a game thats in china.
  19. theteremaster Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    the deepest depths of the Australian netherworld
    if any. it will be mass effect style where it will adapt to what you did previously. you import a character and the game loads with that setting, or if you create a new one there will be a "psychology test" where they will ask you what you did at hoover dam.
  20. Karakoran Well-Known Member

Message Count:
    I actually think Other. During 100 Persuasion victory over the Legion (when playing as the NCR) you basically create an uneasy ceasefire. I think that could be the actual ending with neither side "winning".

It is DEFINITELY not the Courier and Benny winning.

It would be interesting to see the Courier and Yes Man win. I actually think this might be a possibility with an unknown man managing to defeat both powers. Especially since they almost intentionally nerf it by having it almost kill itself when the Wildcard does actually play out.

If you do the 100 persuasion victory of the Legion he talks about how the Legion had to move a massive chunk of its army from the rest of its empire to the Dam and was losing its hold on its own empire by doing so.

Do you really think they'll make like 6 different games?